The radio speaker of RADIO CENTRO MUSICA
The radio speaker is a voice of the broadcaster. It is the 'face' of the company, and as such it must be the perfect expression of its editorial line. Basically, the radio speaker must embody all the components of his company: from jingles to theme songs, from columns to music.
Simply saying that the radio speaker is in front of the microphone is an understatement. His work is quite complex, and requires great character and human qualities. First of all, a speaker creates community: he doesn't just limit himself to speaking for the sake of it, but he must know how to send a message to someone, and therefore he must be able to attract an audience that identifies with him.
Furthermore, the radio speaker gives the news, and in some cases comments on it to open debates, discussions and question points that increasingly involve those who listen to him. In this regard, he conducts interviews, makes external connections, searches for the juiciest facts to tell live. However, the commitment of a radio speaker does not just stop on air. In fact, even outside the company, a radio speaker must always stay up to date on what is happening in the world, and on the main topics that his radio station deals with.
Become a speaker on RADIO CENTRO MUSICA
Let's immediately clarify one point: there is no single path to becoming a radio speaker, and there is no general definition that can give us an answer. First of all, it depends on what you mean by “becoming a radio speaker”:
- do you want to join a large network?
- Do you want to create a community on our radio?
- Do you want to be the voice and expression of RADIO CENTRO MUSICA?
If it's your first time in front of a microphone, know that being scared is normal. Even for the older ones, that thrill of the stage is still alive and well today. It is a feeling that is difficult to fade away, but it is possible to channel it into positive energy. As? Following 5 steps:
- believe in your abilities, cultivate them and refine them;
- admit that you are afraid of the microphone;
- always study the topic you are about to talk about on air;
- to practice, write down on a piece of paper what you would like to say on the radio, learn it by heart and repeat it in a non-artificial way;
- practice your diction.
A radio speaker must be able to speak clearly and without eating his words. In short, he needs to practice his diction. Keep one thing in mind: this is a necessary practice, but not essential. Many voices have become famous thanks to their dialects. This is a topic that greatly affects the target of your radio program, the location of your company and so on. Therefore, right from the start, train your diction to have the ability to use words in a clear and understandable way, even if you are speaking in dialect.
Always listen to yourself again
The air-check is a necessary and basic practice to improve your qualities as a radio speaker. The benefits of relistening:
- helps improve your diction and breathing;
- improves the use of song intros and outros;
- highlight how it can simplify your speech.
This concept also applies to another situation: always listen to the radio. This way you can:
- you update yourself on what is created by competitors;
- understand how the radio speaks;
- know the competition;
- you can take inspiration to create some original techniques;
- study the names of the moment.